Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sleepless Nights

I am SO off schedule. Up all night and sleep all day. It makes me feel even worse physically but this morning I'm thankful that spiritually I feel whole, right and awake! I was reading in God's word and He gave me this just now.....


You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us! Romans 5:6-8 NIV


I love this, I see in this verse that I didn't have to be good enough for God to love me, that I've done NOTHING to deserve His free gift. I've been justified by HIS blood and saved from God's wrath through HIS Son! I was powerless before, but through Jesus Christ I am righteous and powerful! 


This wasn't something that I didn't know before, just something that I needed reminded of. Thanks Lord, I needed to hear this, this sleepless morn! I thought that maybe you did too?!  

No comments: