Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Day 26

I was watching "My Sassy Girl" the other day. It was definitely my kind of movie. I love sappy corny love stories even though this one really aggravated me until the ending. It's one that I will watch again and again.

There were a couple of lines in the movie that spoke to me.

"To search for him would be like trying to shape and mold destiny."

This line opened me up was because these were my very own thoughts when I first sought out an RE. Was I trying to shape and mold destiny or to move the hand of God? It is the very reason that it took me the last 7 years to seek help.

The next line:

"Just suppose that the shaping and molding of destiny is YOUR destiny."

That is the conclusion that I came to. Maybe I was suppose to shape and mold.

The next line:

"Destiny is the bridge you build to the one you love."

I'm building a bridge to my unborn child.

The last line:

"I wish you a story with a happy ending and the wisdom to look for it."

We all have a hand in shaping and molding our destinies. Even had I never visited my RE I would have still been shaping and molding.

I know that it doesn't matter how many doctors or procedures I have it is the Lord who creates life and opens the womb. I also know we have choices. If I had chosen to have never sought out help I may have never had another child, I still may not. But then I would have never known and I would have always questioned, "What if??" and lived with regrets.

This way I know that I worked on my bridge and in the end it will be God's will and not my own. I'm just waiting to find out what that is.

The wisdom part comes in being happy regardless of the outcome.

(Oh and if you are reading, please comment me...I'm getting a little lonely here. Thanks)

No comments: